Decorating a home can seem overwhelming for a few reasons. One is that there are so many styles and so many options to choose from. It is difficult for most people to clearly identify the style they most prefer because they can appreciate aspects from so many different styles. Another reason is that there are so many choices to be made, from paint colours, to window treatments, and from rugs to light fixtures. Decorating is much more than just picking a few art pieces to hang on the wall. It’s about finding what inspires you and creating the perfect mixture of artwork, colours, textures, and other pieces in your space.
Here is a simple guide to decorating your home:
- Don’t be afraid to do something different. If you like it, do it!
- Make your home your own by including pieces that have meaning to you.
- Leave empty spaces, even if you eventually want to add some furniture or décor, it can help you to make decisions over time instead of all at once.
- Be at peace with returning items and not settling with something you don’t like. It’s better to spend more time and energy on it upfront than to wish you had.
- Rely on your interior designer to help create your dream. Share details with us and talk with us about your likes and dislikes.
- Find a balance between good design and functionality.
Using this simple guide will be a helpful start to decorating your home, so that it becomes a space that you are proud of and that you love.