Do you want to give one of your rooms a fresh look? Well, one of the quickest and most affordable ways to do so is to change the existing curtains or add new ones. They will make a huge difference. Below are some tips about colour, length and light control.
- Add life to a quiet room with warm shades of pinks, yellows and reds.
- Give the room a soft look with cool colours like blue, white and grey.
- Browns and greens give curtains an attractive earthy tone.
- Choose colours that make you feel good, and try to complement the other colours already in the room.
- Longer curtains add perceived light and visual length to a window.
- To add a formal touch, have the curtains drape to the floor.
- For a casual feel, have the length go to the window sill – great for kitchens.
- To filter and soften incoming light, choose sheers or laces, which produce a lovely effect. If you are layering fabrics, they’ll also work well.
- Choose insulated or lined curtains to block out light.
- Insulated and thicker fabric curtains offer privacy when you want it, while allowing you to let natural light in when you choose to.
If you’d like to improve the décor in your home with new window coverings (curtains, shutters, blinds, and more), furnishings, framed art, lighting, or a fresh coat of paint, you’ve come to the right place with us at Wasaga Beach Decorating. We’ll help make your home the envy of the neighbours, even on a tight budget! Contact us today for more information.