Do you want a beautifully decorated home, but don’t know where to start? At Wasaga Beach Decorating, we can help you with all your home decorating needs. Here are our top 10 tips for a beautiful and creative space:
1. Decide on a colour scheme. The first step is deciding what colours you would like in your space. Pick colours that coordinate with one another. You can also use different shades of the same colour. A solid colour scheme will help when selecting all other aspects in the room. At Wasaga Beach Decorating, we offer free colour consultations. Come on in, and we can help you out!
2. Create a focal point. A focal point in something in the room that draws in your attention. A focal point can be a painting, a piece of furniture, windows, or even a family portrait.
3. Use mirrors to create warmth. Home decorating is all about making a space beautiful and comfortable. Mirrors not only look elegant, but they are a great way to add comfort, too.
4. Use a variety of textures to create contrast. This can be done with different fabrics, metals, and even lighting.
5. Play up your natural lighting. Don’t cover windows in heavy, outdated drapes. Instead, pick something light and airy that lets plenty of light in.
6. Declutter. In home decorating, less is more. Too many knick-knacks make a room look disorganized. Filling a room with too many furniture pieces can make the room look small. A few well-placed pieces of furniture make a room appear larger and more organized.
7. Update outdated furniture and fixtures with a fresh coat of paint. Paint is an inexpensive and easy solution to make things look modern.
8. Consider an accent wall. Accent walls are a great way to add character and texture. Accent walls can be painted a different colour than the other walls. Typically we suggest using a bold colour. Accent walls can also be wallpapered with a bold print. You can also add an architectural accent wall, which can be brick, stone, shiplap, board and batten, bead board, or wood paneling.
9. Pick lighting that is beautiful and functional. You want your space to be full of light. Pick fixtures that create adequate lighting for your space.
10. Be creative and have fun! Home decorating is all about creativity and creating a space you love!
Visit us a Wasaga Beach Decorating today, and we will help you with all your home decorating needs!